I hope everyone’s semester is off to a great start- I know mine is! The three-day weekend was fabulous, my roommates and I went on a little road trip to South Texas and had the BEST time. It was rough Tuesday morning going to school, but luckily I think I’m going to enjoy my classes this round, especially my Health Communication class! That being said, I’ve got a lot of work to do this semester, so unfortunately I might not be able to post as much as I want, but I’ll definitely try!
Today, I’m sharing one of my favorite recipes with you, Asian chicken lettuce wraps. My mom came up with the recipe (and she makes it better than I do), and shared it with me, and hopefully you’ll like it just as much as I do! It’s super easy, and pretty healthy! The sriracha gives it a kick, and the grapes add a little bit of sweet while cutting the spice! Also, the peanuts add a little crunch and texture. So delicious!
Here’s what you’ll need:
-1 bag Romaine hearts- use 3-5 leaves for each person
-1 bag broccoli slaw
-1/2 cup red grapes
-1 chicken breast, thawed and diced
-2 cloves garlic, chopped
-Cilantro, fresh or dried.
Here’s what you do:
1. First, make the dressing for the slaw. Mix together sriracha, honey, and soy sauce. I would suggest starting with a tablespoon of each, and add more of each ingredient to your taste. Chop one clove of garlic and add in a little cilantro, to your taste.
2. Add the broccoli slaw to the dressing mixture. For just myself, I used about a third of the package. Cover, and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
3. Make another batch of dressing, same as the slaw, and add the chicken pieces. Allow to marinate while you prepare the lettuce and grapes.
4. Next, prepare the lettuce leaves and grapes. Take the big leaves from the outside of the lettuce head, as these make the best shells for the wraps. Break off each piece and run under water to wash it. Pat each leaf dry with a towel and place on a plate. To prepare the grapes, wash them and cut them in half longways.
5. Next, cook the chicken. I simply sauteed mine in a skillet over medium heat until it was cooked all the way through.
6. Next, assemble the wraps! I place a little slaw in the bottom of the lettuce leaf, then add a few pieces of chicken, grape halves, and peanuts. Enjoy!
Let me know what you think!
That’s all for meow!
For more Sweet Cats!, follow along at: