If we’re being perfectly honest, I have no time to be blogging. I have a finance test today, and I’m kind of worried about it, so clearly I’m procrastinating.
It’s been abnormally chilly here in Texas lately, so soup has been on the menu quite regularly in my house! My roommate made a delicious chicken vegetable soup, and inspired me to stir up a pot of my own. My mom makes a delicious tortellini soup, but I didn’t have time to talk to her and get the recipe, so I picked up a few things at the grocery store and hoped for the best. It turned out quite delicious if I do say so myself!
Here’s what you need
-1/4 of an onion, chopped
-2 cloves of garlic, chopped
-2 tbsp olive oil
-1 small box (4 cups) chicken stock
-2 cans crushed tomatoes
-2 cans white beans
-1 package cheese tortellini (the kind from the refrigerator section)
Here’s what you do:
1. First, in the bottom of your stockpot, sautee the onion and garlic in the olive oil over medium heat until the onion is translucent.
2. Next, pour in the chicken stock and tomatoes, stirring to combine.
3. Then, add the beans and tortellini.
4. Sprinkle in a generous amount of each basil, parsley, and oregano, stirring to incorporate.
5. Cover and let simmer for 15 minutes to let the flavors incorporate and cook the tortellini. Stir occasionally to make sure the beans don’t stick to the bottom!
This incredibly easy soup is great for a little something different on a chilly night. I hope you like it!
That’s all for meow!
For more Sweet Cats!, follow along at: