I’ve been getting creative with my dinner this week in an attempt to use up all of my food before I go home for a few days. It’s a challenge, but it’s led to some delicious creations that I’ll definitely be making again! The other day I was staring into the pantry and a box of Cheez-It’s caught my eye. Who knows how long they’d been there, but it gave me an excellent dinner idea- breaded chicken using crushed-up Cheez-It’s instead of bread crumbs. It’s crunchy, cheesy, and incredibly easy- everything I ever want out of dinner.
Also, these are measurements for 1 chicken breast, so if you’re wanting to make a larger batch, adjust accordingly!
Here’s what you need:
-1 chicken breast, thawed
-2 tablespoons flour
-salt and pepper to taste
-A few dashes of hot sauce (I use Tabasco)
-!/2 cup Cheez-Its, crushed
Here’s what you do:
1. First, preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Next, mix together your flour, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
3. Then, whisk together the egg with a few dashes of hot sauce- just for a little kick!
4. Crush your Cheez-It’s and add them to a separate small bowl. You can do this with a rolling pin, or you can release all your end of the semester frustrations and pound them with your fists, like I did. It’s your personal preference.
5. Set the three bowls in an assembly line, like I did with my cute little ombre bowls.
6. Then, take your chicken breast and dip it first in the flour, making sure it’s coated, then the egg, then the cracker crumbs. Make sure when you dip it in the cracker crumbs, it’s coated well- you may have to get a little messy!
7. Bake in a greased baking pan for 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked all the way through.
I had mine with rice and my latest favorite veggie, roasted brussels sprouts. A delicious, easy meal for the middle of the week!
That’s all for meow!
For more Sweet Cats!, follow along at: