Happy Hump Day! I hope everyone is having a great week. I get to go home tomorrow for a late Father’s Day/early birthday weekend for my dad, and I can’t wait!
Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, and I love finding and coming up with new recipes to try. This past weekend, I decided to get creative with an everything bagel, and if I do say so myself, it was to die for. It’s really simple and only takes a few minutes!
Here’s what you need:
-1 Everything bagel
-1 slice of ham (or you can use bacon)
-1 slice of cheddar cheese
Here’s what you do:
1. First, toast your bagel. While it’s toasting, prepare your egg in a nonstick skillet prepared with cooking spray. I like mine over-easy, but you could do scrambled if you prefer!
2. While your eggs are cooking, spread a generous amount of cream cheese on the inside of each half of the bagel. Lay the slice of cheddar on the bottom half.
3. Once your egg is finished, slide it onto the top half of the bagel.
4. Place your slice of ham in the skillet, and brown it on each side. Bacon would be absolutely wonderful, but I don’t keep bacon in my house because it only lasts a week- tops. I didn’t want just eggs and cheese, so I improvised with ham lunch meat- classy, I know. But it’s so good.
5. Once the ham is cooked (a little brown on each side), place it on top of the slice of cheese. Put the top and bottom halves together, and you’ve got a delicious, hearty breakfast sandwich!
That’s all for meow!
For more Sweet Cats!, follow along at: