Happy Wednesday! I hope everyone is having a wonderful week. I’m not really sure why, but I’m extra tired this week- I’ve taken a nap after work both Monday and Tuesday- yikes! Definitely going to make sure that doesn’t happen today!
Remember how I said I acquired a sourdough baguette when I went home for my birthday? Well, I found another delicious use for it this weekend, this time for breakfast. I wanted to make French toast with it, but I failed to buy both eggs and milk this week, so that was out of the question. I took inventory of my fridge Saturday morning, and came up with a new fave- strawberry cream cheese sliders!
Here’s what you’ll need:
-1 sourdough baguette (not all of it, unless you’re feeding an army…or a family)
-Cream cheese (I like the whipped kind)
-butter (I use Land o’ Lakes spreadable)
Here’s what you do:
1. First, slice the baguette. Mine was pretty skinny, so my slices were a bit thicker. I used a serrated knife to make it a little easier.
2. On one side of an even-numbered amount of bread slices, spread a layer of cream cheese.
3. On the same number of bread slices, spread strawberry jelly.
4. Sandwich one cream cheese slice and a jelly slice together- repeat until they’re all united in holy breakfast matrimony.
5. Spread a thin layer of butter on each side of each sandwich
6. Place three or four sandwiches at a time in a non-stick skillet over medium heat, and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until brown and crispy.
That’s all for meow!
For more Sweet Cats!, follow along at: