Happy Tuesday! I skipped Monday’s Musing’s yesterday, as you may have noticed. I wrote one, but then I decided that I didn’t like it, so I didn’t post it. But I’ve been super excited about sharing this recipe, so here it is!
I signed up to make a side dish for my 4th of July party before I really thought about what I would make. So naturally, I called my mom and asked what she thought people would like, because no one wants to bring that thing that no one else eats. She suggested this yummy corn and black bean salad that she had made for my graduation party a few weeks ago, and I was on board!
Here’s what you’ll need:
-1 can black beans
-1 cup frozen corn
-1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
-1 chopped green bell pepper
-1/2 purple onion, diced
-1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved or quartered
-2 tbsp olive oil
-juice of 2 limes
-1 avocado, diced
Here’s what you’ll do:
1. Rinse and drain the beans, and microwave the corn for about 30 seconds, until defrosted but not cooked.
2. Next, in a large bowl, toss together all the ingredients except the olive oil, lime juice, salt, garlic powder and avocado.
3. Then, mix together the olive oil, lime juice, salt, and garlic powder in a small bowl.
4. Drizzle the dressing over the veggies, and toss to coat.
5. Leave in the fridge for at least an hour.
6. Right before serving, add the avocado, another squeeze of lime juice and toss again.
How easy is that? You can serve this with chips, or on its own as a salad! I love that it’s so colorful- it makes me want to eat it all. Also, I had some left over, so I spread some hummus on a whole grain tortilla, filled it with the salad, and rolled it up for a great lunch wrap! This is a great healthy dish to take to a party, or just to make for yourself!
That’s all for meow!
For more Sweet Cats!, follow along at: