It’s only Wednesday? This week has been dragging on it seems! I’m going home this weekend, so that could be why. But it has been/is going to be a fun week! Monday night my friends and I made s’mores on the grill at my apartment complex, which was definitely an adventure. Then tonight, I have my end of provisional year party with the Junior League, and it’s Kentucky Derby themed! Stay tuned for pictures of my outfit, because I’m so excited about it.
On to the main event. Sweet potatoes are my new favorite thing, and I’ve been experimenting with different ways to make them for dinner. I’d seen a few recipes on Pinterest that had shredded chicken inside a baked sweet potato, so I decided to make my own version! It’s so easy and requires very little cleanup, which is always a plus!
Here’s what you’ll need:
-1 sweet potato
-1 chicken breast, cooked and shredded
-2 tablespoons sriracha
-1/4 cup lemon juice
-2 tablespoons honey
-salt and pepper
-goat cheese crumbles
Here’s what you do:
1.First, bake your sweet potato and cook your chicken. I baked mine at 400 for 45 minutes, and boiled my chicken breast for about 20 minutes.
2. Once the chicken is cool, shred it.
3. In a bowl, mix together the sriracha, lemon juice, and honey. Adjust amounts to taste!
4. Chop the cilantro finely and stir it into the sauce, along with a sprinkle of salt & pepper.
5. Toss the shredded chicken in the sauce. You can let it marinade for a while if you’d like!
6. Top your tuber with the spicy chicken and goat cheese crumbles.
See, it’s so easy! And if you’d like, you can bake a few potatoes and make more chicken to have it again for lunch or a quick dinner later in the week. I love the spicy chicken with the creamy sweet potato and tangy goat cheese. YUM!
That’s all for meow!
For more Sweet Cats!, follow along at: