As I mentioned earlier this week, I’ve decided to add a few new features to the blog. One is Monday Musings, and the other is Friday’s Five. Now, I know that basically every blogger does Friday’s Five, but I think it’s a great way to share what I’ve been up to during the week aside from blogging, and to share little things I’ve come across that might not be able to stand alone as a single blog post. So here’s this week’s- enjoy!
1. This past weekend, my roommate Trina and I went to see Bring It On: The Musical on campus, and it was to die for. It was basically all of my unrealized childhood dreams (being cheer captain and a Broadway star) rolled into two hours. The acting and singing was phenomenal, and the stunts were everything. If it’s coming to a city near you, you definitely don’t want to miss it!
2. Next is this hilarious video of a girl screaming “Do You Want to Build A Snowman” while getting a splinter removed. I found it on Buzzfeed, where all good humor comes from, while I was supposed to be writing a paper- this is totally better. I honestly probably shouldn’t laugh at this, but I can’t help it. I watched it about three times in a row and was rolling on the floor in laughter, probably because I identify with this child and her dramatics.
3. My bestie Ashley and I have been dying to try out Wafology, a new food truck in the BCS. We finally went on “Waffle Wednesday”, and it was just divine. We both had the chicken & waffle sandwich with maple aioli sauce, and we agreed that it was the best thing we’d ever eaten. I also love how it was folded up like a little waffle taco- tacos are one of my main food groups. They have many other delicious menu items, and it’s my goal to try them all. If you’re in the Bryan/College Station area, FIND THEM. They post their location on Twitter and Facebook daily!
4. Last night my sorority had a mixer on Mount Aggie, a turf-covered “mountain” on campus, with a men’s organization. My roommate Trina and I went, and we had all the fun. All of it. We sled down it a couple of times by ourselves, but mostly together. We had a major crash at one point, but no injuries! Obviously, we took multiple selfies and videos as we descended, which may or may not have caused a few wrecks…oops!
5. I came across these monogrammed Jack Rogers sandals a few days ago, and I’m obsessed. If we’re being honest, I didn’t really get the hype over these shoes for the longest time- they kind of reminded me of something I would’ve worn at age five when my mother still dressed me. But, my feelings have recently changed, and they’re definitely on my to-buy list for the summer! I mean, they have a monogram, so I obviously #needit.
I hope everyone has a great weekend!
That’s all for meow!
For more Sweet Cats!, follow along at: