Happy New Year’s Eve! I hope your evening is filled with lots of glitter and delicious snacks- that’s my favorite part of this holiday. Actually, that’s my favorite part of every day. I don’t have big plans, but that is okay with me! I’ll probably watch the Aggies BTHO Duke in the Chick Fil A Bowl and hang out with my bestie!
Of course, when everyone thinks of the New Year, they think of New Year’s Resolutions. They also think that they will be broken in about a week, and they’re usually correct. I’m not very good with resolutions myself, I usually lose focus or get bored, convince myself it’s not very important, and end up giving up after about a few days. This year however, I’ve decided to take a different approach. I was inspired by Zelle from A Southern Style to do 101 in 1001: a list of 101 goals/challenges to be completed in 1,001 days!
I like this approach because it seems more feasible since it’s long-term. Also, I like that there are specific goals rather than vague ones- I think it’s easier to take big projects one step at a time! I’ll share my list with you here, and I’ve made a tab at the top of the page to update every now and then! I hope you’ll consider doing this as we start the new year!
My 1001 days started December 27, 2013, and will end September 23, 2016.(I will have been out of college for over a year…TERRIFYING) I included some guaranteed goals such as getting my Aggie ring and graduating, but some are a bit loftier, such as financial goals. However, I hope that this list as a whole will help me to achieve things I want (and need!) to achieve, and help me grow in numerous aspects.
Here’s my list:
1. Get a 4.0 (one semester)
2. Go to New York
3. Read the entire Bible
4. Get a job
5. Get a real job OR get into law school
6. Buy Tory Burch flats
7. Provide a meal for someone in need
8. Publish something
9. Travel somewhere new
10. Make 15 new Pinterest recipes
11. Get 1,000 blog followers
12. Get a sponsor for my blog
13. Host a fundraiser for a nonprofit
14. Graduate from Texas A&M
15. Get a kitten
16. Go to the gym regularly for two months.
17. Make a donation to Texas A&M
18. Tithe regularly
19. Live off the 10-10-80 plan
20. Get my own apartment where I pay my rent.
21. Buy something really nice for my parents
22. Host a dinner party
23. Finish decorating my school apartment
24. Make dinner for Todd & Kate
25. Crochet an afghan
26. Clean my parent’s entire house for them
27. Buy a suit
28. Blog every day for a month (minus weekends)
Clean out my makeup bag 12/30/2013
30. Buy a KitchenAid mixer
31. Deep clean my room at home
32. Read “Love Does” by Bob Goff
33. Give “The Case for Christ” to someone who could use it.
34. Go 24 hours without complaining.
35. Once I have a job, go 1 month without buying something unnecessary for myself, and save the money instead.
36. Go on a trip with Kinsey
37. Audition for a theatrical production
38. Start & keep up with a prayer journal
39. Start & keep up with a “Line a day” calendar for 1 year
40. Get a plant & not kill it
41. Print off my favorite pictures to display
42. Clean out my jewelry/clothes/shoes collection
43. Read 20 books
44. Turn my blog into a personal brand
45. Save $1 for every goal completed
46. Make my t-shirt quilt with high school tees
47. Stay off social media for one week straight
48. Go paleo for 1 month
49. Join at least 1 pre-professional organization.
Finish this list 12/29/2013
51. Learn to prepare vegetables in a way I actually like
52. Learn a lifetime fitness activity
53. Get my Starbucks Gold Card (and maintain it)
54. Get a career-boosting internship
55. Tell someone about Jesus
56. Make a new friend in every new class
57. Go to Washington, D.C. again
58. Volunteer at Children’s Medical Center
59. Learn more about my heart defect
60. Give a speech in public
61. Grow my hair long enough to donate
62. Memorize a Bible verse a week for a year
63. Interview/apply for a job in another state
64. Get a “big-girl” purse
65. Bring a real, live boy to at least one date function per semester
66. Hold a successful conversation in Spanish
67. Rip reindeer antlers off a random vehicle
68. Leave an interview actually feeling confident
69. Be able to intelligently discuss current events
70. Take the LSAT
71. Save & maintain at least $500 in my savings account
72. Get my Aggie ring
73. Go to an away Aggie football game
74. Make a plastic bag basket
75. Make a “Pinterest Successes” board on Pinterest
76. Write at least 1 teacher per semester a thank-you note
77. Invest in 2 more good cookbooks
78. Use my crockpot once a month (while at school)
79. Introduce myself to each one of my professors
80. Buy new music for iTunes
81. Take the Floral Design class (for fun)
82. Organize my craft box so it’s not such a mess
83. Clean out my bookshelf
84. Try 3 new College Station restaurants
85. Participate in a philanthropy 5k (GlOW, Kappa Kolor)
86. Find maroon jeans that fit
87. Keep my part of the fridge clean
88. Be done with Candy Crush (either get tired of it or finish it)
89. Make a fancy brunch every finals week for my roommates/friends.
90. Give the best MOH speech of all time at my sister’s wedding
91. Bake something once a month
92. Conquer my fear of dogs
93. Find a new devotional book
94. Have more roommate dinners
95. Knit a scarf
96. Determine what my passions are
97. Paint something for inside my closet
98. Find someone who will go two-stepping with me
99. Learn to command respect rather than just attention.
100. Write down all the recipes I come up with myself
101. Reflect on how these challenges & goals have made me grow as a person over the past 1001 days.
There you go! Hopefully I can accomplish all of this in 2.75 years! I’ll try to keep the page updated so you can see how I’m doing! Who wants to give this a try with me?
Hoping you had a wonderful 2013 and looking forward to a fantastic 2014, that’s all for meow!
For more Sweet Cats!, follow along at: